How we use the levy
CITB uses the levy to:
- support training development through grants and funding.
- promote the construction industry as a great career choice and offer high-quality apprenticeships.
- identify skills needs across the construction industry
- develop occupational standards and qualifications.
CITB’s levy supports the British construction industry to develop the skilled workforce it needs.
How levy funds are distributed across industry
The table below (data from 2017-2018 annual statistics) shows how levy funds are distributed to construction employers of all sizes to support training:
- Micro employers: 1 to 9 employees
- Small employers: 10 to 49 employees
- Medium employers: 50 to 249 employees
- Large employers: 250+ employees
|Category||Micro employers||Small employers||Medium employers||Large employers||Other||Total|
|Levy funds from employers||£45.7m||£50.9m||£51.1m||£63.4m||-||£211.3m|
|CITB grants and support for training||£26.2m||£32.5m||£47.8m||£72.6m||Not known||£248.4m|
|Number of employers claiming grant and other support||9,159||5,162||1,422||265||907||16,919|