Advanced Craft Certificate grant
We pay grants for learners' attendance on and achievement of a course that leads to the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Advanced Craft certificate in a subject related to construction.
This grant applies to employers in Scotland only.
On this page:
We pay grants for:
- Attending an off-the-job course for Scottish Qualifications Authority Professional Development Award SCQF Level 7 (Advanced Craft certificate) between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023.
- Achieving a Scottish Qualifications Authority Professional Development Award Level SCQF 7 (Advanced Craft certificate) between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023.
If the course also leads to a Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ), employers can apply for either this grant or the Short qualification grant, but not both.
You can apply if you’re registered with us and meet our general Grants Scheme terms and conditions and specific requirements for this grant.
This grant is available for all directly employed full-time Pay As You Earn (PAYE) staff.
We pay grants for the attendance and achievement of the following Professional Development Awards (PDAs) SCQF Level 7 only:
- PDA in Carpentry and Joinery
- PDA in Painting and Decorating
- PDA in Plastering
- PDA in Roof Slating and Tiling
- PDA in Stonemasonry
- PDA in Bricklaying
You can see more details on the SQA website.
For Advanced Craft training which takes place from the 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023 year, download and complete the Advanced Craft Certificate grant application form (Excel, 79KB) by 30 June 2023.
Send your completed form to email@example.com with a copy of the achievement certificate.
For support on applying for this grant you can contact your CITB Advisor or our Customer Services team on 0344 994 4455.
Grants are paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments.