Log into the portal
The Construction Training Register is a portal where you can search for a construction worker's training achievements and qualifications.
It is free for construction employers to use, but requires a login to access the portal.
On this page:
- Already have a login?
- What is the Construction Training Register (CTR)?
- How do I access the CTR?
- Correcting a training record on the CTR
The Construction Training Register (CTR) is an online database containing the records of thousands of construction workers' training achievements and qualifications.
As an employer, you will be able to:
- check the skills and competence of your workforce and new recruits, helping to confirm that they have the right skills and are ready to work
- give feedback on a CITB Approved Training Organisation's (ATO) service and quality of training, and
- mark an ATO as a favourite training provider.
As a construction worker or learner, you will be able to check the details of your completed construction training courses and qualifications.
Over time, these records will enable CITB to build a comprehensive picture of skills training across Great Britain. CITB can then concentrate on where it needs to give training support to employers and specialist sectors within the industry.
The Construction Training Register requires a password in order to be able to view a worker or learner's training record.
For Levy-registered employers
- If you have already signed up to use CITB online services (e.g. Levy and/or Grant online), you can request access to the CTR.
Note: if you currently have access to Grant online, you will automatically get access to the CTR.
- If you haven't yet signed up to use CITB online services, you will need to complete an online form.
Sign up now to use CITB online services.
For non-Levy registered employers, individual workers and/or learners
- Construction workers or learners can have 'view only' access to the CTR.
- To set-up 'view only' access, go to the CITB online services portal.
- Click on the Sign in button at the top of the portal.
- When you get the pop-up window, click on Register now link and complete the required fields and then click on submit.
- You will get an automated email asking you to verify your account.
- Follow the instructions in the automated email to complete your registration.
- Once you've completed your registration and logged into the portal, you can search for your training record.
If you are a construction worker or learner who has spotted an error on your record in the CTR, and you would like to correct this:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- in your email, give us your:
- date of birth
- full home address
- contact telephone number
- learner's unique ID number (you can find this on your record in the CTR), and
- tell us what the error is and give us the correct information.
We may need to contact you to obtain further details or evidence of your training achievements and qualifications. We will respond within 5 working days.
If you have concerns about the information we hold about you and your training achievements, please:
- email Information.Governance@citb.co.uk, or
- write to:
Information and Governance Team
Sand Martin House