Short qualification grant
There is a skills gap in the Construction Industry for rainscreen cladding, to help address this gap we are increasing the short qualification grant for learners who achieve an NVQ/SVQ in rainscreen cladding on or after 1 April 2022
We pay grants for the successful completion of approved short qualifications which take less than one year and that focus on the core construction skills needed across the industry.
On this page:
- Who can apply for this grant?
- Which qualifications are covered for grant?
- How much is it?
- How to apply
- Have you sent us your bank details?
We pay grants for the achievement of approved short qualifications in core construction skills. These include:
- NVQ at Levels 2 and above and SCQF at Levels 5 and above
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Plant-related vocational qualification (VQ) achievements
- Specific plant related VQ units
Qualifications can be delivered in a number of ways including:
- off-the-job training
- through on-site assessment (OSAT)
- through experienced worker practical assessment (EWPA)
- by distance and e-learning
- outside conventional working hours (evenings or weekends)
Short qualification grants are not available to support individual achievements that form part of other longer qualifications. Please see the Long qualification grant page or Apprenticeship grants page for details.
Who can apply for this grant?
You can apply if you’re a CITB Registered employer and up to date with your Levy Returns. As well as fulfilling our general Grants Scheme terms and conditions and specific requirements for this grant.
You can apply for this grant for all directly employed staff on the payroll, business owners and partners, and all subcontractors.
Which qualifications are covered for grant?
We use a specific criteria to judge which qualifications can be supported by grants. To see how we decide which qualifications are covered, click here.
If you know of a construction related qualification that is not already on the list of grant eligible qualifications, you can submit a suggest a qualification form for further consideration.
£600 for each achievement of a full short qualification, up to a maximum of four at each level per individual. You can only apply once for an individual for the same achievement.
An additional £400 for Rainscreen Cladding VQs achieved from 1 April 2022, on top of the usual £600, giving a total grant value of £1,000.
£300 for each achievement of a plant related Level 2 VQ unit, up to a maximum of three per individual. The plant VQ unit achievements are also included in the cap of four Level 2 achievements per individual.
Where there is a previous grant for a full plant operations VQ, future plant operations achievements will only be considered for the plant related VQ unit grant.
How to apply
For achievements awarded from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023 you should Download and complete the 2022-2023 grant application form (Excel, 778KB) by 30 June 2023.
- Save the application and complete the SPQ achievement tab.
- Attach a copy of the achievement certificate or achievement notification email from the awarding body. Your application cannot be processed without this evidence
- Send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For support on applying for this grant you can contact your CITB Advisor or our Customer Services team on 0344 994 4455.
Have you sent us your bank details?
Grants are paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments