Plant Hire SME Growth and Development
Learning resources, New qualifications and courses, Productivity and new ways of working, Sectors and roles, Small employer support, Leadership and management
Scottish Plant Owners Association
Jim Houstoun BSc, MBA
The project will provide training to meet the current skills shortage in plant operation by delivering business skills which will allow micro employers to grow and build capacity for the sector. A programme of training which will be delivered to senior managers and business owners. These skills include: entrepreneurship, business planning, ‘whole life cost’ buying, innovative procurement, risk assessment & control, method statements and compliance.
- Develop 12 training modules for small Plant hire and owner businesses and
- Deliver this training to up to 40 employers over the project lifespan
01 Dec 2016
01 Jul 2017
End of project summary
This project finished in February 2019.
The Scottish Plant Owners Association organised and delivered a programme of eight modules, designed specifically for Plant Hire Companies to encourage their development and growth.
The course was attended by representatives from 14 SPOA member companies.
The course includes:
- Module 1 Entrepreneurship
- Module 2 Leadership
- Module 3 Business Planning
- Module 4 Risk Management
- Module 5 HR and Recruitment
- Module 6 Marketing and Sales
- Module 7 Plant and equipment selection
- Module 8 Delivery and collection of plant equipment